What is the importance of regular dental check-ups and cleaning? Your dental health and general well-being go hand in hand. This is why medical providers, including dentists, urge patients to schedule regular checkups every year, and optimally twice per year.
With the high expenses for dental care, however, most people forego routine checks. If this describes you, it doesn’t have to be the case anymore. Avia Dental Plan offers affordable dental plans for individuals and families alike.
The Top 5 Benefits of Regular Dental Care
Our company works hard to source certified dental care providers at a cost that’s just right for you. We know the importance of dental care, because:
- It Prevents Gum Disease – When plaque builds up over time, it carries bacteria that can infect and inflame the gum line. The result is gum disease, otherwise known as periodontal disease. Early detection is key to stopping and reversing this condition.
- It Complements Regular Health Checkups – Dentists agree that certain risk factors for certain diseases can be detected during dental checkups. Studies show that gum disease, for instance, increases the risk of stroke and heart disease. If your dentist suspects this, he or she can make recommendations for follow-ups with your primary health care provider.
- It Gives You Confidence in Everyday Life – Several research findings conclude that a whiter smile correlates to success in life. With a clean, white, and healthy-looking smile, you get the confidence to take on the day at work, school, and in your personal life.
- It Prevents Bad Breath – With regular dental screenings, your dentist can mitigate the causes of bad breath and give you helpful tips for preventing it in the first place.
- It Prevents Tooth Loss – Tooth replacements cost time, money, and hassles. One way to deter tooth loss at any age is to see a dentist regularly.
Offset Dental Conditions With At-Home Care
In addition to seeing your dentist once or twice per year, it’s important to practice good oral hygiene in-between visits. At home, be sure to brush and floss for two minutes at least twice a day. Ideally, this should be done after every meal. Ask your dentist what are the best products for use based on your allergies and preferences and make a plan of action to keep a bright and healthy smile for life.
No matter your earnings and budget, there are affordable dental health plans available on the marketplace to offset the cost of visiting a dentist.
How to Find Affordable Dental Health Plans
Take charge of your dental health by comparing Avia Dentals health plans online. With low monthly payments for individuals and families, you get a discounted rate of up to 50%, which is much more than what average dental insurers usually provide. Our agents can be reached by calling (888) 431-CARE (2273).